Everest base camp trek May has beautiful mountains around. The World’s highest peak, i.e., Mount Everest, lies here (8848.86m). Every trekker’s dream is to view the Sagarmatha in calm and conquer the Mount Everest Base Camp Trek.
Trekking every month is beautiful, but if you trek in May, you will experience two seasons, i.e., spring and summer. The days are warmer, up to 22 degrees and the nights are more relaxed, up to 0 degrees Celsius. You are going to be thrilled with the fantastic wind as well.
Trekking Everest Base Camp in May
Without any doubt, trekking to Everest Base Camp in May is an ambition of every trek lover. However, trekking on it isn’t as easy as walking on stairs. You must be physically fit, mentally sound, and spiritually determined to make your dream come true. The EBC is tough to trek but not impossible. However, it is not technically climbing. In total, the EBC takes 10 days to complete your trekking. If you are doing some warm-ups, walking a thousand steps per day, or some stretching regularly, this can be a boon to your trek.
Eye-Catching Elements of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Mesmerizing flight to Lukla will let you view the breathtaking view.
- Folk, you will be amazed to view the most dangerous airport, i.e., Lukla airport. It is considered a danger because it lies in the lap of the Himalayas.
- A UNESCO-listed heritage, i.e., Sagarmatha National Park, is to thrill you with different endangered species of animals and birds like red panda, musk deer, marten, red-billed chough, and blood pheasant, and many more. Also, blue sheep, yak, and snow leopard make the Sagarmatha national park more unique and charming.
- Trekkers can Sight Namche Bazaar for beautiful acclimatization, which is listed below:
- Additionally, travelers can visit the Tibetan Market for handmade and unique products made of jute and different fancy clothes. You can buy Tibetan jewelry, handknitted sweaters, jackets, mufflers, and much more stuff.
- View of Sherpa Cultural Museum.
- You can enjoy the view of Mount Everest from the hotel room and the pleasant view of Khumjung village.
- At Namche, you can enjoy the WIFI, lavishing restaurants, and connect to your family and loved ones.
- You can view the most beautiful and oldest monastery in the Everest region, i.e., Tengboche Monastery, which poses its own unique and ideal traits.
Eye-Catching Everest Base Camp
- Folks, you can view the fantastic sunrise in Kala Patthar and view peaky mountains like Pumori, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Mt. Everest.
- Folk, you will be allured by sherpa’s culture, rites, and rituals.
- Along with the fascinating culture, you will be offered mouth-watering food with an organic flavor.
- Your travel will be glorified by a splendid view of Nepal’s most extensive and longest Ngozumpa glaciers.
- The eye-catching sight of Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo RI will radiate your journey to Everest Base Camp.
- You can experience a helicopter flight to the top-notch Himalayas for a lifetime memory.
- Magnificent passes of Kongma-La, Cho-La, and Renjo-la pass will complete your trip with unforgettable memories.
Why Everest Base Camp Trek In May?
Without any shadow of a doubt, you are authorized for your voyage in any month but if you want to feel the crisp weather, maybe going to be the best choice.
The weather is dry, and the wind blows flawlessly, which will spice up your outing with a bunch of memories. You don’t have to carry bulky bags making your knees hurt and shoulders injured.
The crystalline sky and drop-dead view of the Himalayas will screenshot the life memories. The chances of rainfall are next to no, and heavy snowfall has no way of creating hurdles for a trekker. The temperature is so favorable that the trekkers are knocked out and enjoy it to the fullest. Apart from all, Happyland Treks welcomes you to the extravagant journey of the Everest base camp trek in May. Visit our packages list for more details.
Why do people’s sentiments connect to the Everest base camp trek?
Numerous things connect to individuals for their expeditions, apart from the weather. They are pinpointed down:
Breathtaking view of mountains and sympathetic climate
As we know, Nepal is a mountainous country due to the appearance of the World’s Giant Mountain, i.e., Mt. Everest. In addition, Nepal has phenomenal and splashy mountains like Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt.Nuptse, Mt.Dhaulagiri, Mt.Machhapuchhre, Mt. Annapurna, Mt.Makalu, Mt.Manaslu, and many more. These mountains glow brighter and more beautiful due to the clear sky and mild temperature. The climatic condition is dam alluring that people forget their worries, anxiety, and pressures.
Festivals, Rituals, and Rites
People celebrate Buddha Jayanti, also known as Buddha Purnima, to remark on the exceptional contribution of Lord Gautam Buddha. It is the birth anniversary of Lord Gautam Buddha, and people who celebrate it will share all their enthusiasm.
The devotees wear clean white clothes and meditate for peace, prosperity, and well-being. They eat only vegetable stuff. They prepare KHEER, a rice pudding made with milk, rice, sugar, and dry fruits on the auspicious occasion. It tastes yum. The Bounty is distributed to cruises.
The devotees of Buddha chant continuously as they believe it is the purest form of medication. They meditate for peace of mind and good health for themselves and their loved ones.
Splendid floras and faunas
The Everest Base Camp is full of beautiful floras and faunas which will mesmerize your expedition. You can find the most endangered animals like snow leopard, yellow-throated marten, musk deer, red panda, Himalayan black beer, and Himalayan goral.
Moreover, Sagarmatha national park had beautiful birds like Danphe, golden eagle, Kalij Pheasant, Bar-headed goose, and many more.
Floras like birch, rhododendron, firs, blue pines, and bamboos have enhanced the beauty of Everest Base Camp.
Rush on the route to Everest Base Camp in May.
The month of May has all the traits that travelers require for their cruise. So, it is obvious the street will be full of travelers waiting to quench their thirst for a trip as fast as possible.
Early May is the peak season for trekking as travelers find it the most comfortable and luxurious month because they don’t have to carry heavy luggage.
Stuff to carry for Everest Base Camp trek in May
As May is the most convenient month to travel, you don’t have to panic about enormous luggage. Happyland Treks will provide you with the most pleasing and most helpful stuff list. They are given below:
- Do not forget to bring your hat to escape from the scorching sun.
- Bring your polarized UV sunglasses to make your eyes splashy and healthy.
- Though the climate is best, it is still a great idea to bring your windproof jacket, wind chitter, and necessary laundry.
- Do keep your moisturizer or hydrating lotion to escape skin dry
- Wet wipes help you wipe off dust and dirt from your skin. So keep it to make your journey shining and easy.
- On many days that get warmer, the scorching sun can damage your derma. So pile your bag with sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30
- Bale your luggage with shampoo and conditioners to keep your hair healthy.
- As we know, the covid-19 has made our lives quite complicated and healthy. So do not forget to carry your sanitizer.
- Tissue and toilet paper are a must bring while trekking. You never know when nature calls you, hehe. So you need to be Proactive.
- Fill up your bag with thermal innerwear, hiking pants, a full sleeve shirt, and loose T-shirts.
- Hiking boots and sandals are as crucial as trekking to Everest Base Camp.
Some more Stuff
- Do not forget to carry Headlamps with extra batteries.
- High passes tea house super cold at night, so ton your bag with hermetic water bottles. It will keep your body warm and motivate you for the further trek.
- Do carry extra plastic bags to store garbage and maintain hygiene at base camp.
- You never know when you will get injured or feel sick, so pack your bag with a first aid kit.
- Pack your bag with hiking undergarments to keep you cozy and relaxed throughout the trip.
- Do carry regular socks and warm hiking socks to keep your feet going.
- Carry your favorite toothbrush and toothpaste to keep you fresh and divine throughout the trek.
- Female hygienic products like pads, cups, or whichever product are available for sale.
- Do carry your waist bag because it helps you store small vivid items like your mobile phones, cameras, etc.
- Add on your luggage DSLR cameras with bonus batteries.
- Trekking on Everest Base Camp can be your first and most thrilling experience, so do carry the maps of the route and mountains.
- Carry your documents consisting of passport, traveling insurance, passports, different permits, etc. ( Carry as per your personal preference)
- Sleep is pivotal so that you can prepare for the next day. So, carry your sleeping bags, or it is also provided by mountain mart trek.
Life-Saving Clues for Everest Base Camp Trek in May
Here is a list of suggestions for the trekkers who are excited to go for an Everest base camp trek in May. It would be best if you considered following the below-mentioned clues to have an exciting and fondling trekking experience in the Everest base camp in May.
Hydrate yourself with plenty of water
You come closer to Dehydration if you don’t drink enough water. The oxygen level in the body tends to slow down when you trek to a higher altitude.
At least carrying three reusable water bottles will help you with this hurdle. You can fill up your bottles at tea shops, hotels, or taps.
Bale bug sprays to get away from difficult bugs.
In May, you will confront the hot weather, which may invite a bunch of bugs and mosquitoes. Bug spray is crucial to get rid of them; otherwise, you may be prone to different skin allergies or skin infections.
Furthermore, if you forget to bring the spray or lose it, you can use either white vinegar or apple cider vinegar to spray away from the bugs.
As May is a prominent month for travelers, they don’t need to worry about heavy rainfall. They may face rain for a few hours.
So do carry your raincoats, umbrellas, or outfit you are comfortable with to get away from the rain. Do not panic; you need to be proactive because of the starter of pre-monsoon
As we already know, the month of May is for travelers. So, without any doubt, the rush will be at its peak. To tackle this obstacle, you can pre-book your package. The hotels, teahouses, and trails witness the gathering of a vast crowd making it uncomfortable. So, folks set your calendar as early as possible.
If you have dreamed of trekking to Everest Base Camp, you must have a fit body. But do not confuse yourself for an appropriate body requirement. A fit body doesn’t mean a zero-size figure.
You need to maintain a sound immune system to make your trip a fascinating experience rather than complaining about your knees. For this, you can do the following highlights to make your trip a happy trip:
- If you are a newbie, then you can start walking ten thousand steps per day with plenty of simple yogas
- In case you are a veteran, then you can prefer advanced training, which will acknowledge you about altitude sickness
- You must involve yourself in cardio, strength powering, and Zumba before 8-12 weeks of Trekking to Everest Base Camp, but very normal exercise no need a hardcore.
- Go for long walks and hikes to make your body flexible and adaptable.
Say no to Toxicating products.
While trekking at high altitudes in Nepal mountains, intoxicating products like alcohol, rum, drugs, weed, brown sugar, etc, is highly prohibited. This intoxicating product causes altitude sickness, which may drop your trip. As a substitute, you can have hot lemon, warm juice, and hot soup, which help you feel warm and comfy. Moreover, you can have dark chocolates for an instant energy booster.