Planned to be here in Nepal this year? Here are some Nepal travel tips from Happyland Treks you may need while you’re traveling in Nepal.
- Always bring out currency more than you need or make sure you carry your ATM card.
- Make sure you travel in a group if you are visiting Nepal for the first time.
- If you are planning to apply for a visa at the airport, do not forget to carry a passport size photo, or you can have your image taken at the airport booth.
- Always carry tissue papers, wet wipes, and hand sanitizers, and in most cases, reusable water bottles are so much helpful.
- Stay away from Nepali dance bars in KTM and PKR. These are tourist traps where they scam you on buying alcohol and food at much-inflated prices. Some of these places have a history of intimidation and violence but touristy places such as Restaurant, Pub Bars, Live Music, Night Club they are good and you can enjoy there before you leave Nepal.
- Ensure you exchange all your Nepali money, and you are not taking anything with you because carrying cash outside the country is illegal. Here around the town so many ATM Machine, Bank etc. so you’re able to get money from visa or master card.
You must also be careful about the weather and the clothes you need to bring along to Nepal. Always check the weather schedules because the monsoon is so much difficult for traveling in Nepal. The best time for you can be the spring season when greenery is all around and different flowers bloom, adding beauty to everything. This time is also the best time for sightseeing, trekking, Hiking. But Nepal is safe to travel and there is always something different view while you traveling
However, if you are in Nepal and want to do short or long trek, then?
You can choose Trekking destinations according to your time & date such as below. This can be on your options, and there are many more.
- Everest Trekking Region 9 Tours 10 – 21 days
- Annapurna Trekking Region 16 Tours 5 – 23 days
- Langtang Trekking Region 6 Tours 9 – 19 days
- Manaslu Trekking Region 2 Tours 17 – 22 days
- Kanchenjunga Trekking Region 1 Tour 26 days
- Upper Mustang Trek Annapurna Region 15 days
What to do in Nepal?
If you are in Nepal for a short time, make sure to travel to Pashupatinath temple in Kathmandu, which is the most famous, and walk around the gullies of Patan. Many other world heritages are on the list so that you can pick any like Swayambhunath, Boudha stupa, and many more. Hire a guide if you want to know more about this place, or you can always walk around alone and free. If you are a nature lover, hike around Shivpuri national park or goto Chandragiri temple, where you have to take a ride in a cablecar to reach the temple. Nagarkot is another option for you. There are so many options while you are in Kathmandu. If you wish to travel to Pokhara, boating is a must in Phewa lake and visit the temple in the mid of Phewa lake. White gumba, Davis fall, Gupteshwar Mahadev’s cave, bat cave, etc., are the best attractions. You can add Sarangkot for the best views of the Himalayas and the mesmerizing sunrise. Paragliding, hiking, bungee can be other adventurous options for you.
While in Nepal, the authentic national dish is Dal Bhat or Dhido. (rice, lentil, veg curry, pickle) The food in Nepal is bit spicey and is a mix of so many spices. But people know foreigner doesn’t eat spicy, don’t forget to taste momos, While in Bhaktapur make sure you eat JUJU DHAU (curd). You can even try many other local foods of different cultures of people like Yomari, bara, Selroti, Thukpa, Choila, etc. in Newari culture in Kathmandu Nepal.
Everything here in Nepal is so unique and lovable, be sure to be safe and travel well. There is many different Nepal travel tips or travel article about Nepal travel tips. Happyland Treks also have many different travel article and travel blog which is you can learn and have more information about traveling in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan.