Tea House and Lodging in Annapurna Circuit is basic but nice and clean. Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the world’s best trips, that Nepal has to offer. Settling at the highest altitude of the trip 5416m, 17769.03ft. Thorang La Pass. It offers the most stunning Himalayan Mountain views and is a wholesome trip overall. Nowadays there is road transport, so trekkers can skip the road, and travel by transport few days, and the trek continues, this route is around 208km and 129 miles. Therefore this trek is normally a 14 -17 days trip, including your Nepal arrival and departure date.
Thus, these treks can be exhausting on a normal human body. Therefore, proper rest and diet are a must. When it comes to spending the night in Annapurna Valley, Tea House will be your best bet to find good food and lodging.
A tea house means a small hotel with a cozy room established along the trekking route that provides room and food. Moreover, most of these established family-owned and home-cooked meals are served as well as different types of European and western food. However, It’s a bit different but it’s good and well-optimized for a proper night.
Tent stays are not the best for treks like Annapurna Circuit, as enough tea houses provide lodging facilities at such an altitude. Moreover, tent stays are for those who seek peak climbing.
Facilities at Tea House and Lodging in Annapurna Circuit
- Basic cozy rooms, with sometimes inside the bathroom and sometimes outside the bathroom.
- Meals: Optional food chosen from the menu.
- Water: You can buy boiled filter water or a water bottle.
- Hot shower for around (200-500) NPR, (3-4) USD
- Battery Charge (200-500) NPR, (3-4) USD
- Good nutritious food (Most probably Typical Nepali food Dhal Bhat) which comes with rice, lentil soup, curry, pickle, and Papad.
- Wi-Fi Services (200-500) NPR, (3-4) USD in the lodge. or you can buy internet data in Kathmandu before you leave the trek.
In addition, showers are not great at such extreme temperatures. But you always have access to Hot showers. Also, it is wise to carry an extra battery with you. When it comes to Internet services, most of the Wi-Fi services that these tea houses provide are not reliable. Thus, there may be some instances you will not get internet service for days.
Tea houses have been a great help for hikers around the world. With the service they provide, getting quality services at such an altitude is no such feat.